All new sites follow the installation process given here. This
proces only covers the video site portion of the installation and it
assumes that an MN.IT-owned or MN.IT-managed network devices has already
|Customer||Contact MN.IT Analyst and place order for
a video site. The order should include:
In addition, the following information should be included for each system:
- the network device the video sites will be attached to (implied if
this is part of a new device install);
- the number of systems to be installed;
- if more than one system is to be installed, the desired number of
simultaneous video calls; and
- the maximum bandwidth of a video call (normally either 384 kbps or
Finally, the following contact information should be included:
- software version
- serial number
Each should have the appropriate name, email address, telephone number
(including pager, text, and cell if appropriate), and any other
- Billing Contact(s)
- Room Contact(s)
- Scheduling Contact(s)
- Technical Contact(s)
|MN.IT||Prepare for installation:
- Compare the requested video bandwidth against the bandwidth
available in the installed devices. If there isn't enough bandwidth,
work with the customer to adjust the request or obtain additional
- Provision the bandwidth in the network.
- Add each system to MN.IT's records.
- Add each contact to MN.IT's trouble ticket system, video management,
and iweb systems.
- Assign site names, E.164 identifiers, IP addresses, and
gatekeepers to each system.
|Customer||Configure the systems and contact MN.IT
when ready to "go live."
|MN.IT||Schedule and carry out certification tests
and add the system to the white pages.
|Customer||Schedule training with MN.IT.