IPT-Hosted is an IP-based telephone service that is delivered
through the MNET service infrastructure and the customer's local area
network, and shares some environment and equipment with the Contact
Center Minnesota call center service. MN.IT owns and manages the
system on behalf of the enterprise.
Recent changes: MNIT has improved account management for CICM accounts consult CICM-User-Account-Self-Service.pdf . (PDF)
The SIP Project produced these Tips and
The requirements for IP telephony services are:
- MNET connectivity at recommended capacity.
- Quality of Service (QoS) provisioned on the agency's routers.
- Agency LAN infrastructure appropriate for the Cisco voice
- Cisco IP telephones and licenses, to be purchased direct from
state contract by the agency.
- A minimum of one IP Telephony Coordinator and one backup
Coordinator at each agency site.
The cost elements for IP telephony services are:
- Monthly subscription services (includes MNET backbone capacity).
- One-time expenses for infrastructure licenses and station programming.
- One-time project coordination and training fees.
- Telephones and telephone operating licenses.
- LAN and cabling upgrades (if applicable, site-specific).
- WAN access facility bandwidth increase for voice traffic (if
Features & Benefits
- Can offer potential cost savings for voice services.
- Leverages the state's wide area network infrastructure investment.
- Availability of on-net calling statewide to other sites on
IPT-Hosted and/or CCM can reduce toll costs.
- User productivity gains from advanced telephony features and
services, such as a site directory and abbreviated dial plan.
- Convergence can yield efficiencies for agency technical staff -
data, video and voice use LAN infrastructure and support systems.
- Positions the agency for technology-driven productivity tools,
such as the ability to run XML applications on individual telephone
- Supports Enhanced voice mail.
Cisco User Web Page for Special Features
These additional documents are available:
Contact the MN.IT Service Desk at 651.297.1111 or via MN.IT Mall with
any questions or to request service.