The following features are available within the MNIT IPT-Hosted
subscription services rate. However, not all the following features
are activated within the standard service turn-up. Features named in
italics will only be activated, configured and implemented
based upon customer request and service requirements. Other customer
feature requirements not shown on this list are addressed during the
discovery/design phases of service delivery.
- 911 Identification: provides a call back number and
emergency response location.
- Abbreviated Dialing: speed dial numbers are assigned to
available buttons on the phone. Abbreviated dialing extends speed dial
functionality. Allows users to quickly access up to 99 speed dial
numbers - enter the code before pressing AbbrDial softkey.
- Auto Answer: causes the speakerphone or headset to
go off hook automatically when an incoming call is received.
- Call Back: allows a user to receive callback
notification on your IP telephone device when a called-party line
- Call Forward All Calls: allows a user to override
preprogrammed forwarding on the line.
- Call Forward Busy: allows an incoming call to transfer to
another number when the line is busy.
- Call Forward No Answer: allows an incoming call to transfer
to another number when the call is not answered.
- Call Forward No Answer: - per line configurable
ring-no-answer timeout: Forward / No Answer timeout is configurable on
a line-by-line basis by configuring the Ring No Answer Timeout on each
line. MNIT programs this feature.
- Call Park: allows a user to place an answered call
on "Hold", allowing the call to be picked up from another
telephone by dialing a code or button access.
- Call Pickup: allows users within a specific group to
answer any ringing phone within that specific group by dialing a code.
- Call Restriction: curbs or restricts a user's ability to
make outgoing calls in some way. This could include toll restriction,
directory assistance calls, information calls, etc.
- Caller ID: calls from outside the system displays telephone
number of calling party. Calls from MNIT IPT users display name and
- Class of Service: allows each telephone device within the
system to have a specific set of features.
- Conferencing Calling - Six Way: allows a user to conference
up to five parties in addition to themselves. Conferencing calls can
be a combination of internal and external parties for a total of six
- List All: Conference Parties / Drop Any Conference Party
provides a list of participant directory numbers that are in an ad hoc
conference. Any participant can invoke the conference list feature.
- Dial Restrictions: allow a telephone device to be
restricted from placing specific types of calls.
- Distinctive Ringing: user is able to program different
types of ring tones per line.
- Fast Dialing: provides quick access to frequently dialed
number. End users are able to configure up to 99 speed dial entries on
a telephone device.
- Group Call Pickup: enables users to pick up incoming
calls on any telephone within their own group or in another group.
- Hold: places an active call on hold.
- Hunt Group: A pilot number is assigned to a series
of telephone numbers (cannot be a shared line appearance) to
distribute calls. The hunt groups are established either as first
available hunt group member or longest idle hunt group member.
- Join: enables a user to link established calls into an ad
- iDivert: permit simmediate divert to voice mail for an
- Last Number Redial: redials the last number dialed.
- Meet Me Conferencing: allows a user to dial a
specific, pre-determined telephone number and security access code to
join a conference with other participants. The maximum number of
participants is 10.
- Message Waiting Indicator: notifies the user of a new voice
mail message. Notification can be visual - message on the display of
telephone and message envelope, or visual - message light.
- Music on Hold: is played to callers as they wait in queue,
to let them know they are still connected. (System wide not specific
to customer and/or site)
- Toll Restriction: prohibits a user's ability to make long
- Transfer: allows a user to take an incoming call and
transfer to another number inside or outside of the system.
- Transfer with Consultation: enables a user to consult with
the add-on party before transferring the caller.
- Speed Dialing: (see Abbreviated Dialing above) fast dialing
provides quick access to frequently dialed numbers. End users are able
to configure up to 99 speed dial entries on a telephone device.
- User Programmable Speed Dial: allows a user to establish a
list of stored telephone numbers that can be dialed automatically by a
button or code. An enhancement to be released soon will allow the user
the ability to program this feature, rather than requesting the
programming through the IPT system administrator.
The above is not all-inclusive. If you have any requests that you
do not see here, please contact your MNIT Technology Consultant.