A version of this document is also available as a PDF.
Sending a fax requires that you first log in to a web site. The web
site can not be accessed from the general Internet: your
connection must be via MNET. All State organizations connect using
MNET. In general, you can connect from the Internet by going through
your organization's VPN.
- Go to the URL:
The site requires Internet Explorer.
- The login screen looks like this:
- Enter your User ID and Password to log in. You should not have to
change the server, but if it gets changed accidentally, set it to
COBRF1 and the Use NT Authentication? checkbox should
- Your User ID will be assigned to you by your local e-fax
- Your initial default password is "password".
You must change this password the first time that you log in. If
this password does not work, it means that someone else has already
logged into your account. Contact the MN.IT Security Office at
firstname.lastname@example.org to report this security
- Press the Login button.
- You will see the main screen, which looks like this:
Changing Your Password
The first time that you log in, you should change your password.
You change your password by following these steps:
- Click on the Options item in the tree on the left.
- You will see this options screen:
- Scroll down to the User Information section, which is
roughly 3/4 of the way down.
- You will see this part of the options screen:
- In the Change Password section,
- enter your old password in the Old Password box,
- enter your new password in the New Password box,
- enter your new password again in the Confirmation box, and
- press the Change Password button.