When MNIT May Join a Video Conference
MNIT staff follows these guidelines when joining events:
- Staff will not add or delete any video site into bridged
multi-site events without explicit instructions to do so from the
event's Host Site Coordinator.
- This guideline applies to the scheduled or extended scheduled
periods of an event.
- This guideline applies to the scheduling of events and to the
modification of scheduled events.
- This guidelines applies to the pre-event set-up or post-event
- MNIT staff will not enable the recording, storage or viewing
of an event without the expressed knowledge of the Host Site
Coordinator and Participating Sites unless under judicial order to do
- In cases where an authorized recording of an event has been made
and MNIT staff has been requested by the authorized party to perform
editing on the recording, MNIT staff is permitted to view the content
for the purposes of performing the editing.
- MNIT staff will not join an event for the purpose of
trouble-shooting or problem management, unless expressly invited by
the Host Site Coordinator to do so.
- MNIT staff will not view any type of video event or examine
its audio and video content without the expressed permission and
knowledge of the Host Site Coordinator.
- MNIT staff will be allowed to observe or monitoring of the
audio or video signal quality indications, IP packet flows, thumbnail
still images, or other diagnostic tools so long as the audio/visual
content is not resconstructed.
- Upon instructions from the Host Site Coordinator of the
confidential nature of an event, MNIT staff will take all reasonable
measures requested by the Host Site Coordinator to ensure the
confidential nature of the event. In the case of certain legal, health
care or other applications using video conferencing technology, MNIT
staff will to follow the explicit event naming requested by the Host
Site Coordinator and limit all participant information as needed to
meet the Host Site Coordinator's privacy requirements.