The first step is to contact the MN.IT Service Desk at 651.297.1111 option 4 and 1 or via MN.IT Mall to request service. MN.IT will need the following
- IP address assigned to the appliance or encoder. This must be a
- The estimated amount of disk space required per year. This figure
can be in Gigabytes or the approximate number of hours.
- A requested username and password on our servers for you to use to
transfer content to our servers. We may adjust the username to match
local conventions and the password to meet security levels.
- The IP address(es) of all machines that will be used to connect to
- Is your server a MediaSite appliance?
If your server is a MediaSite appliance, we need this additional
- Appliance serial number.
- MAC address.
- Administrator name. It is best if this account is usable by all
After receiving the above information, MN.IT will:
- Add the above list of IP addresses to the list of addresses
allowed into our servers for FTP.
- Adjust access list in router to allow necessary access from
- Create the account in the server.
- Create the customer directory in the server.
- Create the streaming mount points for live and archived content.
- Test FTP access from all machines
- Set up storage limits to the directories based on contracts.
And, if it is a MediaSite appliance:
- Set up an accout with appropriate administrative rights to the server.
- Test the appliance access.
- Ensure that at least one Internet player is able access the
MediaSite test program.
We offer the following resources:
- Real Networks Helix Universal Server.
- Live streaming: .mov (QuickTime), .mp3, and .rm
- Archived: .mov (QuickTime), .mp3, and .rm
- limited support: .flv (Flash)
- Windows Server