- Press the Menu button. This is the small triangular
button near directional arrow keys.
- From the Main Menu, select Terminal Settings.
- Select LAN Settings.
- Select IP Settings.
- Enter the IP address, default gateway, subnet mask and
speed/duplex settings on this screen.
- The system may reboot at this point. If it doesn't, that's OK.
- The next menu to use is Terminal Settings.
- Enter the E.164 number, set Manually Register, and enter
the gatekeeper IP address.
- There are other settings on this page, they should be set to
OFF, NONE, No or left blank
- Reboot the system and place the test calls.
If a test call does not work, either dialing out or dialing in,
then check the following:
- That the customer codec is in auto answer mode.
- That the customer codec network setting is LAN not
- That the customer calling speed is 384Kbps.